Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Whew! I'm tired!

Training for a marathon is hard. Its tiring waking up early to run (yes, waking up at 5:00 a.m. does get old after awhile!), and its both physically and mentally exhausting. One of the ladies that ran next to me at our speed interval training this morning asked me, "what made you want to do this?" Good question, I thought. What makes me want to do something like this. I don't know. Maybe its the fact that it burns about a zillion calories and gives you great leg muscles (which I'm still hoping for), or maybe its for the stress relief I get after a really good run. But I really think it comes down to me answering the question for myself, "What am I really capable of?" Running helps answer that question for me. After running 8 miles on Saturday (yes, the farthest I have ever run in my life! Wahoo!), I discovered that there is something deep inside me that's driving this whole thing--determination. I want to show not only me, but my kids that they can do anything that they put their minds too. Ashlyn & Layton, this is for you...

3 comments:

Lacie said...

YES!!! I agree!

There are many days when I drag myself out of bed and think...What in the world am I doing! Then I start running and the determination to "make it" sets in!
I love the feeling when you can say, "I just ran__miles!"

However, the days sometimes seem a lot longer... well, because my days ARE longer when I run! AND my muscles are a bit more tired which makes me want to hit the pillow sooner at the end of the day!

Did that make any since????

Well, all of that to say I understand- I just want to accomplish something! I want to always feel that I am living life to the fullest-no regrets!

Mamaof3 said...

You're doing great! (Coming from the great quitter) I started back on the Firm and that's working for me..although today I am sore EVERYWHERE! It'll all be worth it!

Robyn said...

Wow... you could be a motivational speaker! Go girl. Seriously, I'm proud of you and I'm so impressed with you girls doing all that running with everything else you have going on in life too.