Saturday, August 18, 2007

Big Boy Bed

Well, it's official now! Layton has actually moved out of his crib into a big boy bed! Sniff, sniff (here, let me wipe a tear out of my eye before I proceed...)
Since Layton is so close to turning two, we decided that it would be a neat birthday present to get him a fun toddler bed that he could sleep in. We got a great deal on this cool 'Thomas the Train' bed, so we thought, "Why not now?” So, Layton now has an official ‘big boy bed’ in his room.

Here's Layton standing in front of his new 'Thomas' bed. Note: Ashlyn’s foot is in the background (hee, hee) . She has been playing in his bed ever since we put it up! Ashlyn loves the bed almost as much as he does, so it has been a little bit of a challenge to get her out of his bed so that he could try it out!


Here's Layton playing in his bed. This photo was hard to take since Layton kept putting the covers over his face and hiding. Luckily, I was able to pull the cover off his head just in time for Jason to snap the picture without him crying. The things we parents do to get a good picture...


Suprisingly, Layton adjusted very well to his new bed! Jason put him to bed this evening and he said Layton just got in his bed, laid down and went to sleep! I’m so thankful that this has been an easy transition for him! Since he did so well his first night in his new bed, I just couldn’t resist sneaking in and taking a pic.


Isn’t he adorable? Sweet dreams, my dear baby boy…

5 comments:

Mamaof3 said...

OK..Brice will LOVE this bed. I'm glad he's adjusting well! Now what is Ashlyn going to get? I'm sure she's going to be looking forward to some sort of cool bed soon...LOL

Lacie said...

Ohhhh! Your baby boy is getting big! I love to watch our children grow up, but at the same time it breaks my heart! Those milestones like the Big Boy Bed are so bitter sweet!

Layton looks sooo happy with his bed! I'm sure that having a cool Thomas bed is helping with the transition.

I'm with Deanna, I bet Ashlyn is going to be asking for a "pretty, girly" bed too!

maria said...

You know it...I guess we should have seen it coming that Ashlyn would want a 'special' bed too. I'm still looking...:)

Holly said...

Layton is livin' large now! What great pictures of his excitement AND his exhaustion!

Jackie said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how fast they grow up...