Friday, August 10, 2007

Think Positive!

Have you ever had one of those days/weeks when you feel like you haven't done anything right as a wife/mother/sister/daughter/human being?! Well, I have...and it doesn't feel so great! After ranting and raving to my dear husband, he suggested that maybe I should start talking about more positive things. Of course, you can imagine my reaction at the beginning...but, you know what? I think he's on to something! So here goes nothing, my list of things to be happy about:

  • My fantastic husband. He loves me, supports me and is always there for me. Not to mention, he's always honest with me and tells me what I need to hear (even if I don't always like it) . We all need someone in our life that loves us that much, don't we? Love you, darling!
  • My dear, dear children. Even though sometimes I get frazzled, I wouldn't trade having these two wonderful children for anything in the world. They have brought me so much joy in good times and definitely in times when I have been at my lowest. As you mothers know, there's nothing like the feeling you get when your child hugs/kisses you and tells you, 'Momma, I love you'. There's nothing like it in the world!:) (I feel tears coming on!).
  • My wonderful church and church family--I am so lucky to have so many wonderful, supportive people who continuously encourage me and support me.
  • My group of 'best girlfriends'--you know who you are! You have been with me through thick and thin! We have laughed and cried together (even all in one night). Plus, you can't beat sitting around chatting over a cup of coffee (or maybe one or two).
  • My sweet father and sister. Even though our family is small, its big in heart. I don't know what I'd do without either one of you. I love you dearly!
  • I looked at my list and I could not leave off my dear mother (God rest her soul). Even though she is not physically here, she is always with me in my heart. Sometimes when I feel down, I just think to myself--'Lily would not sit here and be like this--remember, you are your mother's daughter!!' If nothing else, my mom has ignited the 'fire' within me and it will not be put out! I love you mom!

My life has been blessed!

5 comments:

Lacie said...

Maria,

Sometimes it does help to just sit a write down the positive. I have had to really focus on the positives the last few months. For example, though I am far away from ya'll I am lucky that you are all still in my life. I am lucky that I have friends that will love me no matter where I live. Yes, I can still grwo old with ya'll!

Miss ya!- You ARE blessed!

Holly said...

I think it's wonderful that you focused on the positive. I can go and go--and sink lower and lower, when I should just focus on the flip side.

I'm blessed by you in my life for sure! :)

Mamaof3 said...

Can we say ALWAYS have these weeks? Great post! :)

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

i know it's hard to be positive when u have me for a sis! hahaha seriously, i think u r doing great, i am so very proud of u!!...i love and miss u so much! i wish we lived closer so that i could do this marathon thing with u and then we can get stress fractures together! lol