Monday, August 6, 2007

Do I know you from somewhere?

Have you ever run into someone and had the feeling, "Have we met before?" Well, I had a incident like that this weekend. I was attending the birthday party for the daughter of one of my sweet friends from the library. In the process of meeting some of the other mothers there, I met a lady whose name, strangely, I already seemed to know. Weird, huh? Well, anyway, she didn't remember me at all and I still couldn't shake the feeling that somehow we had met before. Anyway, (to make a long story short) after meeting up in the bathroom to take our kids to the potty, she asked me, "Who's your OB/GYN?" Well, that sounded like a strange question to me, but I went ahead and answered , "Dr. Klein--why?" Well, she told me that she was a doctor in the same office. Come to figure out, I recognized her from the operating table. She assisted my OB, Dr. Klein, in performaing the C-section for my daughter, Ashlyn. She actually helped deliver one of my kids!! So of course, I'm speechless! All I could say was, "I'm forever grateful to you!" I'm sure she wanted to laugh at my comment! I guess it is strange to actually see your doctor in a normal, everyday kind of situation, and actually re-acquaint yourself with someone who was there at such an important event in your life. In the words of the (dog?) on 'Wow, Wow Wubzy', "Kooooky..."

4 comments:

Lacie said...

How Funny- Which Doctor was it?

maria said...

Dr. Ana Morales. Strange, huh? I knew that she was the doctor to do the operation with Dr. Klein, but I never saw her again after that. I just see her picture in the 'Space City Parent' magazine ads so often, so that's how I knew her name before she told me. Of course, she didn't introduce herself as 'Dr.'Morales, so it threw me off.

Heather's House said...

I love Wow Wow Wubzy! HA

What a weird meeting! I know her from Dr. Kleins office...how funny.

Hope you had a good day. We need to do lunch.

Mamaof3 said...

OK...totally cracking up at the "Kooooky" thing! HA! Brice loves to say that all the time!

Hey..did you have a party in your tummy today?! LOL