Sunday, April 13, 2008

A True Princess


This past Saturday, my sweet daughter was invited to the birthday party of a dear friend of hers from Mother's Day Out. Granted, I don't normally post pictures from another kid's birthday party on my blog (am I weird for taking so many pictures at somebody else's birthday party??), but I had to on this one since it was so darn cute!

First off, this party had a theme and was so well planned. The mom (who I also know) started off by reading the girls 'The Princess and The Pea' and then had the girls sit on 3 cushions to see which one had the pea (a small ball) under it.

Here's Ashlyn finding out if she is a 'true' princess.


The girls, of course, loved that! Next, once it was determined that they were 'true' princesses, they decorated crowns, put on pretty pink tulle skirts and decorated flip-flops and searched for their wands that were hidden in the room. After all of the girls got dressed up they were invited to the 'royal ball' where they got to dance together as princesses to some cute Disney princess music. I think I said "That is soooo cute!" about a hundred times!
Here are the princesses waiting to go to the royal ball.
And here they are dancing. One girl unfortunately got poked in the eye after all the twirling and wand flinging (but what do you expect with four 4-year old girls!) ;)
I'm just so glad that I have a sweet, little girl to do all of this fun girly stuff with! Here's to my little princess!

6 comments:

nikki said...

What a great party idea, Ashlyn is a beautiful little princess.

Michael Ann said...

That is a really cute idea and she is the prettiest princess of them all! Okay, I have to say that I laughed when you said that one little girl got poked in the eye with all the twirling (and I'm still laughing)...only b/c I kept picturing me, you, Traci, and Kelly in Pattie Cobb doing something similar!! Love you!

Lacie said...

How sweet! What a cutie!

Traci said...

Maria, you are so NORMAL for taking pictures at a princess party! Me and my friends did the same thing with our little girls. Any chance to get them dressed up to take pictures was the norm. Ashlyn looks so adorable!!

Hee-hee for what Mikey said!!

Amy McCown said...

I would have been doing the same thing. That is such a fun idea for a girl party.

Kim said...

What a great party!!! Too bad only 4 year olds could play! Hee hee!