Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A girl's gotta have friends...

8 years or so after moving to the great state of Texas, I prayed a simple prayer: 'Please God, give me friends'. After many a teary conversation with my dear husband, I remember thinking, "I miss my friends at college and at home in Illinois, and I don't know anyone here." Not a totally unusual thought for me, since I did move around as a child, but this time was different. With no inherent plans to move in the near future, I knew that we were going to settle here for awhile, so I needed to make some friends (and fast!). Looking back, I have to laugh because now I feel that I have made so many wonderful friends through church, school, and have reconnected with some of my dear friends from college (through my blog, I might add!). After having had a particularly down day yesterday and crying to my dear husband about it I talked to one of my dear friends about it and all she had to say was 'I understand, I've been there too' and the problem was resolved (all in a ride to school I might add--thanks Heather!). All I can say is: A husband keeps me grounded, but having girlfriends keeps me SANE! Can I hear an AMEN to that?!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

First, a BIG virtual HUG!!

I'm sorry you had a downer of a day yesterday. If I can do anything...(and I'll come get ya too) ;)

Love ya!

nikki said...

Maria-
I'm sorry you had a stinky morning, I'm glad Heather could cheer you up (isn't it nice to know someone can relate). See you tomorrow! :)

Heather's House said...

Oh girl! I love you to pieces! I too am thankful for you and our friendship. I'm glad I could be there for you because you have been there for me so many times. You are such a sweetheart! You can have a ride anytime. I'm really sad Jason got a new car! HA HA!

Hope you had a better day!

Lacie said...

hee! hee! I have never thought of it that way...BUT AMEN!!!!