Thursday, April 17, 2008

Field Trip Day


Today, my sweet daughter had her first field trip at Mother's Day Out. We went to a neat place called 'Bayou Wildlife Park' which has horse rides, a petting zoo, and a tram that you can ride to feed and definitely get 'up close' to all the animals at the park. Since it was her first field trip, I went along and took WAY too many pictures (what's new?). Here's just a few:

Here's Ashlyn riding a horse (her first horse ride!) She didn't want to do it at first, but after an hour of waiting in line and watching other kids go (yep--an hour!), she decided to try it herself and actually enjoyed it. I was so proud of her!

After the kids rode the horses, we had lunch and then got on our tram ride, food buckets in hand, to feed the animals. Here's a picture of one of the little boys in her class petting a camel. When I said they got up close, they really got up close!

It amazed me just how close they got to us. One of the other girls in Ashlyn's class was so afraid of the animals she was screaming. Poor thing! Ashlyn was a little gunshy herself so she just threw the food to the animals. Here's her waiting for the perfect moment to do just that:

I couldn't resist posting a picture of my dear friend, Heather (and Ashlyn's MDO teacher) feeding an ostrich. Look at her surprised expression (sorry Heather, I just couldn't resist!) Love ya! ;)

After the tram ride, we headed on to the petting zoo to pet a few goats. Here's Ashlyn and her little MDO friend having a conversation about what sound goats make.

After a few several squirts of hand sanitizer, we headed back to school. Despite crowded lines, rain showers and restless kids it was still a fun day had by all!

4 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

OK - that was me who deleted the comment... I don't know what I
m doing. Anyway, I love the field trip pics! What a fun trip. Defintely a place to explore with the boys. I'm with HEather on being shocked at the ostrich... back off Jack! hee hee
GLad you guys had fun!

Holly said...

Oooh fun! We have never been there, but will have to check it out sometime.

Jump back Ostrich! Hahaha.

Glad y'all had fun.

Heather's House said...

That is SO FUNNY! I look really scared, don't I?? :) To tell you the truth ...I was. That thing was freaky! He about knocked the tub of food out of my hands...he was a pig! LOL!

It was a fun day...despite the rain, etc...:)