Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Ashlyn!


This past weekend was my little girl's birthday weekend (her actual birthday was on Saturday, the 29th). And let me tell you, it was a weekend! To start off, we weren't even sure if we were going to have her party or not. She had woken up with a stomach bug the day before her birthday and was not feeling well. Yep, here's a picture of my poor, little girl asleep on the couch with her well-worn 'ducky'. (I have a feeling that 'ducky' will be in shreds by the time she is in kindergarten, she loves it so much).

Luckily, Ashlyn started feeling better the morning of her party, so off we went to...McDonalds! I know what you're thinking--McDonald's?! Jason and I had gone to McDonald's birthday parties when we were growing up and they were always our favorite ones to go too. So, when I found out they still did them, we had it there. Of course it was mass-chaos with all of the kids running around sticky-faced and smelling like McDonald's fries--but they had a blast! Here are the kids at the birthday table.

I still laugh at this picture, seeing Ashlyn in her birthday hat (it kind of reminds of one of those headdresses for a queen that they have in those medieval movies). :)

I just can't believe how quickly my little one has grown! My goal is to slow down and enjoy more of the time with my sweet daughter (and son) before they grow up, because they grow so fast! Since I can't resist posting some more pictures, here is Ashlyn through the years:


Yep, that's Ashlyn at 3 mos. with pigtails...I don't even think I've ever seen that much hair on a baby before. :)

Here's to you, my sweet, sweet, little girl! I love you more than you can ever know! Happy Birthday, Ashlyn!

10 comments:

Traci said...

Ahhh, Maria, she is so precious! I love that she had a McDonalds Birthday Party. Those were the bomb!!

Happy Birthday, Ashlyn! My fellow Aries friend!!

Mamaof3 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLYN!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Heather's House said...

OH my! I had forgotten how much hair she had!! She is just beautiful! I love the pic of her with your mom! Priceless!

Happy birthday sweet Ashlyn...love you!

Holly said...

How fun to look back at those pictures. I love the one of your mom reading to her--what a treasure.

Ashlyn is such a doll! I'm glad she got over her bug and partied hearty at McDonald's. :)

nikki said...

Great pictures! Ashlyn looked like she really enjoyed herself and Ethan was quite happy to see her. Happy 4th, Ashlyn!!

nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Maria! Your kids are adorable!! I'm so happy to read about your family...just so cute.

Lacie said...

Happy Birthday Ashlyn!!! Be looking for some goodie mail!!!!

Our babies are 4!!!! We look too good to have four year olds-Ha!

Love ya girl!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I love looking back at the pics when she was little, esp. of the one with your mom. She's getting more pretty every day!

And I loved reading your 50 things!

Amy McCown said...

She is such a cute little girl. I love all of the baby pictures. I am sure it is hard to believe that she is 4.