Monday, March 10, 2008

Slacker me

It seems lately that I have been living the life of a completely unmotivated slacker. That may seem like a very big statement to make, but that's how I feel lately. I haven't been running, doing bible study, or any other major project for that matter. Since I finished my marathon in January, I have been feeling a slight let-down. I had been training for so long and hard for that moment to come and...now what?! I had debated 'the whether or not to run question' for awhile, but with Jason about to switch jobs and possibly go to work earlier, I'm not sure when I will really be able to fit in my running. Sooooo, I'm back to square one.

All you stay-at home moms out there--what do you do to stay in shape with the time allotted you? Do you go to the gym, work out a schedule with your husbands, or just watch what you eat? Help! I need some ideas before the summer rolls around!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I know! It's difficult to stay motivated once the big event has passed. I have had a hard time being consistent with running too.

Can you still run in the AM, at least until/if Jason's schedule changes? Then maybe negotiate/carve out some time here and there for your exercise. Or look into a gym or the YMCA (we really like the Y) so there is childcare available when you need it. A. likes the Y child center. Maybe I just restated your questions without really answering. Sorry!

I do like following WW. You were SO successful on that, so there's always that too.

Whitney said...

I'm going to be checking back to see what kind of comments people leave because I will need all the help I can get (going into summer having just delivered a baby!)

Lacie said...

I watch my backside expand- it helps pass the time-Ha! Ha!

Ok, I still have not figured out a good solution for me either. I am thinking that I am just going to have to make it a focus. Bible study, feeding the family, and then exercise...

Like everything else I have to start small or I tend to get overwhelmed before I get started-I was thinking about putting a treadmill (and do weights) in the garage so while the kids are playing outside I can watch them, maybe running three days a week while the kids eat breakfast (and my adorable husband is maning the table), and/or looking into a workout facility with classes and childcare.

Short version-I am not much help-Ha!