Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Go Astros!

This evening we took the kids to their first Houston Astros game. I know, I know--we live in Houston and haven't been to a game yet, but since Jason got free tickets handed to him at work and the kids were old enough for us to go and actually enjoy the game, we went. Here's an excited Ashlyn and Layton in the car on our way to the game. In their baseball caps of course.

After we got to the game, the kids were a little overwhelmed by all the noise, but after some cotton candy and ice cream they settled right in. Nothing that a little sugar can't fix!:)

Here's me with the kids. Why do I always look so tired in all my pictures ??!!

Ashlyn & Layton enjoying the game.
Although we didn't stay for the entire game (we left after the 6th inning), we still had a blast!

7 comments:

Whitney said...

It looks like yall had a great time! I can't wait until Austin is old enough to enjoy sports- Shane and I are sports nuts! Growing up my dad took me to baseball games all the time- such wonderful memories! I'm glad your kids will have those special memories too!

Mamaof3 said...

I love how much they look alike in that last picture! I'm glad you guys had fun!!! I was even watching that game...:P I won't tell Brice and Haleigh. They will be jealous!

Heather's House said...

Cute pics!! I love those kids. And D's right...they do look so much alike! :) We get to go on Saturday. We are super excited! Go 'stros!

Michael Ann said...

Their so darn cute. I love going to a baseball game. There is just something about the atmosphere, that good ole American pride feeling comes over me. It almost feels like that "coming home" feeling. Anyways, glad you guys got to go and have fun!

Traci said...

Your kids are sooooo cute!

I really wanna call you this summer!! Let me know when the best time would be!

Holly said...

I can't believe we were there on the same night! I wish we'd run into y'all--it looks like we may have even been sitting close to each other.

I think I enjoy baseball more through A.'s excitement, seeing her watch and cheer.

Glad you had fun!

Kim said...

What a great memory! We are hoping to take the boys this summer.

And, L was so cute this morning at Bible Power Hour when we put the rock on the well! Everytime I look at him, I see my boys in a year! :)

Oh, and I'm SOOOOOOO glad your eye is better!