Monday, June 9, 2008

Our eye saga

This past week has been a particularly interesting week for our family. Not only did my dad and his fiancee come up to visit this past week, our house has also been host to some rather unwelcome guests--of the virus variety. Yes, this past week, my two adorable children and I have had to endure pink-eye (not to mention fevers for both of my kids). How many days have we been sick with just the pink-eye, you might ask? Well, its been 6 days now and COUNTING! Yep, it's been almost a week and it has not been getting any better. So, after two pediatric visits and one eye doctor visit for me, its been determined that we all probably have a strain of 'hemophilus influenza' or basically, the flu for our eyes. The doctor seems to think that I probably got coughed on by some sick child (most likely in the face) and from that I got this wonderful eye condition. As a Mother's Day Out toddler teacher it does seem like a likely scenario. Nice, huh? So, with no particular end in sight, and another prescription of eye drops--we'll see...

Has anyone out there had to deal with stuff like this for this long?!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Yikes! I'm glad you ahve a diagnosis and some good drops. Hope this round is over SOON! Poor things!!

Heather's House said...

OMG, Maria! That sounds painful!! I'm so sorry. I hope the new eye drops work.

Lacie said...

Oh my! I have NEVER heard of that! Another reason to shy away from coughing toddlers!

Kim said...

Yuck, yuck ,yuck!!! Bless your heart. We'll be praying for clear eyes for all 3 of you!

Amy McCown said...

I hope that you all get better soon. That does not sound fun. I am just catching up on your last few posts. I completely understand your feelings about your dad getting remarried. That has to be hard, but at the same time you want him to be happy. I agree with the other posters that you are handling it very maturely.

Michael Ann said...

oh pizza head...no fun! I hope you guys are feeling better by now and your eyes are back to normal! Not a fun way to start the summer off. We've had regular pink eye, but not the "flu" in our eyes!