Sunday, January 13, 2008

Done at last!!!!


Well, it's official. I have completed my first marathon in 5 hours 1 minute and 4 seconds, and let me tell you I am tired!!! It was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life! At the end of my race, I even shed a few tears. I can definitely say that the race was an extreme mental and emotional test, not to mention a physically challenging one. I actually got to run with some of my running club friends along the way, but nothing could beat seeing my sweet family along the route. I want to thank my dear family and my friends who supported me all along my journey. More pictures to come in a later post, but right now, I'm getting some sleep!!

7 comments:

Whitney said...

Congrats on your accomplishment- I'm so proud of you!!

Heather's House said...

Girl! I am so proud of you. I saw you cross the finish line and you looked great. WAY TO GO!

Love you!

Robyn said...

go Maria! You did it!

Lacie said...

Maria,

I am so proud of you! It has been a long journey and I know you have worked so hard. I know it was important for you to show you kids that you can do anything you put your mind to---and now you have!

I thought about you all day Sunday!

Lots of Love~Lacie

Jody said...

You rock!!! Girl power my friend! Me and Jody cried at the end of our marathon too. There is just something about knowing you did it!
Congrats to you!
Janell

Holly said...

I'm soooooo proud of you and happy for you!! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Traci said...

I am so astounded yet proud that you ran that marathon! Great job!

I can only run a 5k and I tear up when I reach the finish line so I can only imagine your crying at the end.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. You always spoke kindly of her and I know she was proud of you, Maria! I hope to hear from you soon. You can email me at tracilynn8@mac.com