Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Calm, Cool and Collected--yeah right!

As most of you may know, I have been training for the past six months to run in my first marathon. Since this momentous occasion is to occur this Sunday, all of my running coaches, the marathon newsletters, etc. have been telling me to take it easy, don't be stressed out. Easier said than done. This week has been made for stress!
Let me give you a little rundown of this past week's events (so far!)...
Sunday evening, I realized I could not find my precious wedding ring. After countless searches through the house and the trash (Yuck--thank you, Jason!) it was nowhere to be found. After many a tear was shed and a sleepless night was to be had, I luckily found it the next day under one of the candles on my dresser--I shouldn't say 'luck' because we prayed about it at Mother's Day Out that day. Oh, speaking of Mother's Day Out...I found out at school on Tuesday that one of the kids in the other 2-year old class (next to Layton's) had head lice. So (big sigh) after thoroughly checking their hair and scalps and washing their hair I declared my kids lice-free (fingers crossed!). Am I stress-free? Not yet!
Stressful event no. 3: Since we just recently had a cold snap, I decided to turn our heater back on. What happened you might ask? Oh, nothing--just a serious burning gas smell. After we called a technician to come over to our house, he said that if the breaker had not tripped a fire could have started in our attic. AARRRRGHHHH! The remedy? Only a few thousand dollars to have it fixed. Yes, all on the eve of my marathon weekend. Tell me this week gets better...

5 comments:

Lacie said...

Maria,

I have always heard that bad things happen in 3's! AND LUCKY YOU have already had all three for the week! So, it should be smooth sailing from here on out!

I am soooo excited for you girl! Have fun-you have worked so hard just "enjoy the ride"!

By the By, I am soo glad your house did not burn down!

Holly said...

I agree with Lacie, you should be done with all things bad for a while. Sorry this week has been so stressful--scary about the heater for sure. Yikes!

Try to shake everything off because the big day is fast approaching and you are going to be fabulous!!

Heather's House said...

I'm sorry you have had a crazy week so far. I'm glad you found your ring but sad about your heater. Don't you hate shelling out money for that stuff! :)

Can't wait for Sunday...you will do AWESOME!!!

Whitney said...

Wow, what a bad week- I'm sorry! I'm glad that you found your ring though! Hopefully you have it insured in case that happens again!! :)

Amy McCown said...

I hope that rest of your week has been stress-free. Good luck on the Marathon this weekend. I will be thinking about you.