Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Surprise Weekend

Some friends of mine and I hopped into the car, an SUV actually, (minus kids and husbands) with one goal in mine--surprise the pants off our friend, Lacie (and boy did we!) Since Lacie's 30th birthday was fast approaching, a plan was hatched--surprise Lacie for her birthday by showing up at her house in Brock, TX (which is about 5 hours away. 6 with construction on the road.) With any great plan, there were a few kinks. Construction on the freeway put us back an hour, so we were racing to get things ready before we got to Brock. Here's my friend, Deanna and I blowing up some of the decorations. Ah, doesn't a good road trip always bring out the kid in you?!! Actually, I don't think the 'grown-up' Maria was ever there on the trip. Boy, did we have fun!!

Once we got to Brock, we encountered a few obstacles--almost running into their house before we actually discovered they had not left for dinner yet (a long, but funny story!!), trying to get into her house without being seen--but we did it! Here's Lacie's surprised face.

Here's us in our 'party' wear.

Our next days and nights consisted of staying up late, talking, and 'pigging out' at the local cafe with about 'a jillion' desserts--but mostly, laughing, laughing, and laughing (I can't remember having laughed that much in a long time!) Once we got back, we just had to go surprise another one of my friends, Robyn, for her 30th by showing up on her 'new' doorstep at 10:00 pm to wish her Happy Birthday/Housewarming. It was truly a Surprise weekend!

1 comment:

Heather's House said...

Maria! That pic of you and D made me laugh out loud! I needed that today....ha ha! I think I am going to blow it up to a 8 x 10 and put it over my fireplace. hee hee!

Oh, girl we had so much fun. You are one awesome friend! I love ya tons!