Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ashlyn's new house

As most of my friends know, my dear husband has a hobby that takes up most of the space in the garage--woodworking. He just started this hobby not too many years ago (isn't that terrible that I don't quite remember when it started? Hmmm... must have had kids by that time.) Anyway, through the years he has made some pretty incredible stuff--some tract racks for his family's tract publishing company, a humongous (as far as sandboxes go) sandbox for the kids to play in, and a toybox for Layton's room in a castle design (it's so cute!). Since I've been so impressed with his latest creation (a toybox for Ashlyn), I couldn't help sharing it with you. Isn't it amazing?! Look how Layton and Ashlyn are getting into her new, toybox/house--I'm wondering if I'll be able to get them out to actually put toys into it?:)
He picked out all the paint colors, painted it and even put cute flower knobs on her little side doors. If you look close enough, you can even see that he took the time to put real shingles on her roof (now that's a dad for you!) I appreciate you honey for all your hard work--and I know Ashlyn and Layton do too!!

4 comments:

Mamaof3 said...

That's awesome!!! He could sell those! I can't believe that I didn't realize he made that castle!

Lacie said...

Another GREAT creation form Jason!
I am so impressed! I agree with DEanna, he could totally sell those! You know...with ALL os his free time-Ha!

Heather's House said...

Awesome, Jason! I love it...can I have one for Macy! HA

Kim said...

WOWZERS! What a great hidden talent. A is lucky to have such a cute addition to her room!