Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ashlyn & Layton 'On the Run'

Do you ever wish that your kids could share the same hobbies that you do? Well, mine did this weekend. The running club I'm in hosted a pancake breakfast and 'Kids K' for our children to race in. It was soooooo cute!!!!! Here are some pics of the kids getting ready for the race. I had to get up early that morning to put in my miles (10 to be exact--wahooo!!!) so Jason had to get the kids ready to go by the time I came home to take them to the race. Everyone was groggy so when we got there, so I fed the kids powdered donuts until the race started. Whatever works, right?:)

Here's Ashlyn and Layton before the race started. Ashlyn was really excited to race that morning and Layton was really excited to eat powdered donuts. I guess there really is truth to the saying, "To each his own..."



Here's me with the kids before the race started. Layton wasn't too much into the race thing, so Jason decided to hold him to see if he could run with him--he still looked cute in his number though, didn't he?


Here's all the kids lined up ready to race. I think Ashlyn is in the 2nd or 3rd row from the front. I thought I got her pic, but with all the kids moving around, it was a little difficult....
Jason stayed behind with Layton, since he was a little scared, so I wasn't sure if Ashlyn would be scared or not once the race got started. Once they yelled out, "Ready, set, go", she was off!!! Once the race started, a few of the kids went down (I feared a domino effect), but A. just ran right around them and kept on going. I was so proud!!
At the end of the race, each child was given a medal a bag full of goodies and a 'SuperKid' sticker. Here's Ashlyn with her 'goodies'. She's so happy!! Who knows...maybe one day my kids and I will run the marathon together:)

2 comments:

Mamaof3 said...

Go Ashlyn!!! I'm SO proud of you! :)

Holly said...

I'm so glad your kidlets had fun! Love the pictures--Ashlyn looks so proud!
I'm sad A. missed it this year, oh well.

It will be a great memory for them--and you! :)