Sunday, May 4, 2008

A New Chapter...

Well, it's finally happened. My dad is officially engaged to be married this September. How do I feel? Well, you can say I definitely have mixed feelings. Overall, I am excited for my dad and his new fiance although I have yet to meet her, but that's another story entirely. All I can say is that I definitely feel overwhelmed with memories--memories about my life with my mom. There are some things that I have discovered through this whole experience--there are no guarantees in life. All you can do is hope for the best and cherish your loved ones while they are still here. More to come on the upcoming nuptials...

3 comments:

Heather's House said...

OH! I can't wait to hear all about it! Want me to pick you up in the morning? HA!

Lacie said...

WHAT!!!!!!! Details!!!! You have my e-mail...I think I need to make a phone call!

oh...Maria!

Michael Ann said...

Maria,

I'm sure this is a rollercoaster of emotions for you. I feel for you and what this brings, but praying you are happy and that your dad is happy too. BTW, I just saw that you tagged me so I will try to do that this week! Love you!