Friday, May 9, 2008

Sweet words for Mother's Day

In the spirit of Mother's Day, I decided to post a little 'questionnaire' that my daughter came home with from Mother's Day Out. Her teacher (and my friend), Heather, asked all of the kids in the class the same questions and sent the questions and their answers home with each mom. Its very amusing to see what Ashlyn really thinks of me--her answers are bolded in black below! Ha! She's such a doll. Here goes.

What is a mom? A mommy, silly!

My mom's name is Maria...or mommy.

She likes to watch Nick Jr. and Little Bill on television

For fun, my mom likes to play with my family (Heather told me that Ashlyn initially told her that 'my mom likes to play with my dad', but she changed it because she thought the latter might sound a little better--hee, hee! I'm still laughing about that one!)

My mom likes to eat spaghetti...you spell it "p-o-i-o-m".

The thing my mom cooks best is macaroni and cheese.

If I had lots of money, I would buy my mom make-up.

My mom doesn't like to watch weird movies.

What I like best about my mom is to hug her.

My mom likes my dad to watch movies with her.

My mom is 24 years old, I think. (What a sweet girl!) :)

My mommy smells like strawberries.

My mom's job is to clean the house. (Sigh, so true, so true...)

I know my mom loves me because God made us! (And I'm so glad he did)


I love you Ashlyn & Layton!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Very cute answers! What a neat idea!

Kim said...

PRECIOUS!!! I love the answers too! Once the boys are talking more, I'm going to steal Heather's great idea! :)

nikki said...

Out of the mouths of babes! I love it, what funny girl. Happy Mothers' Day!

nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

This was darling! I loved her take on things--so funny!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Heather's House said...

Happy Mothers Day sweet friend!

Everytime I read Ashlyns answers I crack up! Especially the one about you and Jason! HA HA!

Love ya!

Traci said...

I LOVE those answers! You should type that up and put it in a frame.

I'll bet you are a great Mommy, Maria!! That is, when you are not playing with Jason!!!:)

Amy McCown said...

That is a cute idea and something you will always cherish.