Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our second home


No, this isn't actually our second home--although the kid's wish it was. It's the pool at the YMCA in League City, or basically where we spend most of our lazy summer days. What I absolutely love about this pool is that it is 1 to 3 ft deep the entire pool (except for the big water slide area, which adults or kids who pass a swim test are only allowed to go in) so it is soooo much easier for me to watch both of them by myself than in a regular pool. There's also a little playground/water park area for the kids to play in, which they love! Not to mention its all part of having a YMCA membership, so its free. All I can say is the YMCA has been my (and their) favorite place to go all summer!
Do you have a favorite thing to do or place to go during the summer? How are you spending some of the last days of summer?

5 comments:

Whitney said...

What fun- I can't wait to take Austin to the pool next summer! Your kids have a great tan too! :)

Amy McCown said...

That looks like so much fun. We have been making the rounds to the different pools this summer too.

Michael Ann said...

okay, can I just tell you that those are two of the cutest little kids you have there (besides my own ofcourse!) :)

Glad you are having a great time...in Houston you have to be around water or you will shrivel up and roast!

Holly said...

Yes, that pool ROCKS!! Such a fun place--for kids and pretty neat for parents too.

Traci said...

Your kids are SO cute and TAN!! Just like you, Pizza!

Glad y'all are having a great summer!