Monday, July 21, 2008

Girls just wanna have fun...


Or in our case, seven women away from the kids and the husbands for a weekend. This past weekend, six of my dearest friends went away for a girl's only weekend to the Houston Galleria to eat, eat, eat, and shop, shop, shop (what else do you do on a girl's weekend?!) Of course, our fave restaurants had to be involved (at least once every day to be exact)--La Madeleine and The Cheesecake Factory. Can one ever have enough cheesecake?
Here's our smorgasbord of cheesecake we passed around and ate.

Godiva chocolate cheesecake--it doesn't get any better than this!

Before, during and after eating we (what else?!) shopped! No, those aren't celebrities ;)--its just me and my friend, Deanna, trying on some of the latest fashions.


And of course... we had to get pedicures! We found a place that would do several of us at a time, so we sat back in our luxe massage chairs and chatted and visited. Amazingly enough, it was Deanna and I's first time for a pedicure, so we sat back and enjoyed the experience (although, somewhat nervously I might add)! That foot scrub sure tickles!

Despite having to deal with Galleria traffic, and a very confusing mall directory (who knew L2 meant Level 2? hee hee!) we had a blast. There's so much to talk about perhaps in a later post, but right now I just need to catch up on my sleep!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Y'all looked so cool modeling the latest trends. :)

Your group pic looks GREAT! I might just have to swipe it.

Everything was fantastic this weekend--even the maps and the parking in their own way. HA!

Whitney said...

Glad yall had such a wonderful time together! I'm jealous of the pedicures- I need one!

Oh, and Cheesecake Factory- jealous of that too! My new favorite flavor is Chocolate Coconut Cream!

Amy McCown said...

Your trips looks absolutly fabulous. Girl friends, good food, shopping, and pedicures. It does not get better than that.

Michael Ann said...

Looks like so much fun and glad you got to get away! Pedicures are great, but I'm with you, very ticklish. Love ya!