Saturday, December 1, 2007

"I've got the power..."



I know what you're thinking--how old is this song?! I know this is a flash from the past, but if I could pick one song to sum up how I feel today, its this one! Can't you just see me dancing along?! You would be dancing too if you just ran 19 MILES! Okay, maybe I'm not dancing, just gingerly sidestepping across the floor without too much weight on my left knee. But after a good ice bath, (yes, my first ice bath! I am a true athlete now!) I am dancing around my living room! I reached a milestone--didn't think I could do it, but now I have!!! And all on the eve of my 33rd birthday...

26.2 miles in January--Bring it on!!

5 comments:

Lacie said...

You go girl!!!! Tell your knee to leave you alone-Ha!

Heather's House said...

I am so proud of you. I was so glad I got to see you, twice, while you were out there running your heart out! Great job!

And Happy Birthday, sweet friend! Love you!

Lacie said...

Happy Birthday Maria!!!!

Holly said...

Way to go Maria!1 It was so nice to meet up with you at Pineloch and Space Center--you were rockin'!

Happy Happy Birthday too!!

Amy McCown said...

Happy Birthday and Kudos to you for 19 miles. That is awesome.