Sunday, March 15, 2009

Disneyworld 2009 Part II

The first morning (after our plane trip the night before) that we spent in Disneyworld was a little chaotic (thanks to me!) Since I recently acquired a new Blackberry for Christmas, I decided to put all of our reservations for Character meals on it. However, after we made it to the Animal Kingdom park for the Character breakfast that I thought we were supposed to be at that morning, I realized I was a day early for our reservation. Oops! Since Jason was none too happy to be at Animal Kingdom our first full day and not the Magic Kingdom, we got back on the shuttle bus and headed to the Magic Kingdom. (Nothing like an extra 20 to 30 minute bus ride in the morning when you are eager to be somewhere ;)

Anyway, once we got to the Magic Kingdom , we were off...here's some pics of the kids in front of Main Street. I love that the kids didn't even get out of their strollers for the picture. Oh well, I'm just glad we had the strollers to begin with--a necessity at Disneyworld for two small children, if you ask me!


At Downtown Disney, I had purchased the kids some Disney autograph books so they could have them sign their books when they met them. It was so cute to see the kids meeting each of the Disney characters. They really thought that they were real! Here's the kiddos meeting Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, Pluto (just Ashlyn), and Chip n' Dale.



After standing in line to meet characters, we headed to the 'Winnie the Pooh' ride, the 'Peter Pan' ride (one of my favorites) and the 'Its a small world ride'. I kept laughing during 'Its a small world' ride, because Layton kept saying "I'm scared, I'm scared". I think he thought the ride was a little creepy with all the animated dolls singing 'Its a small world' again, and again, and again...I'm sure some adults would agree with him too. :)
After some of the rides, we headed to Mickey's toontown fair to see where Mickey and Minnie lived. Here we are outside Minnie and Mickey's houses.
After visiting Mickey and Minnie's houses, we headed back over to 'Goofy's Barnstormer', a kiddie roller-coaster, that Jason and Layton went on. Here's a picture of Layton and Jason before Layton's first slightly anxious, but overall enjoyable roller-coaster ride.
.
After a few more hours in the park, we headed home for a much needed rest and headed to Epcot for the rest of the evening. More to come in the next post...

2 comments:

Holly said...

These have been fun to read--kinda let's me re-live our trip a bit too.

The character autographs were A.'s favorite too (who knew?) even though they did eat into your time.

It takes a while to really get into the Disney groove and figure things/timing out, doesn't it?

Glad y'all had fun! Waiting to hear more...:)

Kim said...

What a fabulous trip!!! Keep posting...I love the pics and tips for whenever we decide to go. SO glad you guys had fun!