Saturday, November 8, 2008

Random updates since my blogging 'hiatus'

Well, hello everyone! It seems like forever since I actually took the time to sit down and blog. Not sure really why--I guess with school, kids, and a rather bothersome stomach virus for me and for my family, blogging was really last on my mind. Of course on my time off from blogging, Halloween came and went and fall set in (sort of) here in Houston. Don't even get me started on how we are still bordering 80 degrees here in Houston in November, but I can't complain, it is better than stepping out the door and sweating (most of the time).

For Halloween, Ashlyn and Layton decided to take the superhero 'angle' this year and be Batgirl and a Blue Power Ranger. They were soooo cute. Not only did the kids get to go trick-or-treating on Halloween night, they also got to go trunk-or-treating at our Church and go to my mother-in-law's annual Halloween party the weekend before. So you could only imagine how much candy we had in the house--much to my dismay and my hubby's delight. Needless to say, the kids were also quite happy.

Anyway, I noticed that during my absence from blogging, my dear friend, Michael Ann, tagged me to share 7 random things about me (about a month ago!). So, in order to update my blog and illuminate everyone out there (ha!),here goes... Sorry so late, Michael Ann :(

7 Random Things About Me:

1. I had to laugh at Michael Ann's 7th random thing about herself, because it is something that we have in common (how random is that?!). I also had perfect attendance throughout my four years of high school, never missing a day even for illness. Not to mention, my parents would not let me miss school unless I was on my deathbed, but nevertheless--I never missed.

2. I have a birthmark on my face that I always have to cover up with makeup. It basically looks like someone slapped me on my right cheek, but it has always made me self-conscious. I even tried to get the discoloration removed with laser treatment, but the remnants are still there. As I have gotten older, I've learned not to care about it as much, but it would be nice to not have to put any makeup on it all. I guess we can always find something we don't like about ourselves.

3. I like to bargain shop. I'm not as good at finding deals as my friend, Nikki, but I like to look. I especially like perusing resale shops for great deals--its so much fun!

4. I've always wanted to take ballroom dancing lessons. Jason has always told me that he would do it with me if I wanted to, but I have yet to sign us up. Maybe it's because we have two small children at home that we'd have to find a sitter for. Regardless, one of these days, its going to happen!!

5. I'm with Michael Ann on this one too--we don't have Tivo. I'm sure we are one of only a handful in the country that don't. I would actually like to have it--especially with two small ones, it would be soooooo convenient. Again, (like the ballroom dancing lessons), I'm not sure what we're waiting for, but it sure would be a nice Christmas present (hint, hint, Jason).

6. I play classical piano and had competed when I was younger in numerous piano competitions for a number of years. My sister and I both played and would play solos as well as duets in these competitions (my favorite being duets). Although, I don't currently have a piano in my house (sadly) my dream is to own a grand piano one day.

7. And last but not least, I am about to become an aunt for the first time. My sister, Jackie, is due to have her little boy ANY DAY NOW! and I am soooo excited. Watch out, this baby is going to be spoiled rotten by me!

Anyway, that's my list of 7 random things. I'll try to do better at posting more often (you know how it goes with life these days), but this is a start. Here's to blogging again in the very near future!

1 comment:

Amy McCown said...

I am glad that you are back. There are lots of things there that I did not know about you. I am wanting to take ballroom dancing lessons as well. Maybe we need to plan a cruise or something to get us motivated. One of these days...